Thursday, August 31, 2006

Best movie of the year - THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

A Quickie cos I have 3 articles to finish and i have to do a reflection report on them for my class tom.

the Devil wears prada is the best movie i have watched this year. Im not that good with words actually. But I will try to put my ideas across. I watched this whole show with my heart. At times, i was moved to tears. AHAH.. but i think wm didnt realise. Its ok. It would have been embarrassing. Many of the things from the show were most aptly relevant to my life at this juncture. It is not just a movie about choosing the right career, it is yet another movie to inspire one to be true to their selves. Many a time, we are challenged with moral issues that are in the grey area and we only have our own values to rely on. Glam, pay, work, people's words can only bring transient motivation. If you do not truly enjoy and believe what you do, you will not be able to go on. It is important to stay true and hold firmly the values that one has. Hmm.. I did face certain ethical issues like that at my work place. It is something which till today, I wished I could have done it differently. It is something small, but when it comes to ethical issues, i realised, there severity is subjective.

Anyway.. After watching the show... I think i will hold my car keys more firmly. Yes.. I wanna start this car. Even if things do not turn out the way i would expect them to be, from where I stand at this point, from what I see and from the recognition and opportunity and his belief in me.. I shall give this a try.

Another dilemma I face... Im not sure if I should do a close to 3 weeks service learning project at Nepal or go visit Seoul. I feel tat I can visit seoul anytime cos Jy would be there but Nepal is one of the places which I have really wanted to visit and it is only rare that such an opportunity arise.

Somehow, i feel that my life is constantly changing. The plans and things that I thought I would be doing always turns out otherwise. However, I never regretted planning for anything. Everything keeps me going and motivated. I just need to be open to choices and I am open to change. Being very flexible is important cos you will never know what is out there for you till the very last moment. And many of the very best things that have happened to me indeed caught me unaware and they are all blessings that came when I least expected them.

Im addicted to my emotional fulfilment and I enjoy the motivation from all these talks and movies lately. I am enjoying every single moment of my life. I have fun. I learn. I listen to myself. I reflect. I think. I feel. I love. And I ENJOY.

I can feel that strength from within. It just keeps me going. And I need it and I will find ways to keep that adrenalin at this optimal level.

No comments: