Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Food for Soul #2

Im alone in this cold GRS in school. The time reads 8:40pm. I almost died of boredom for the marketing text can only fill my brain appetite and nothing else. And since im studying for the Quiz, the appetite isnt good today. My soul appetite was huge though. Im addicted to the Book "Tuesday" but i cant go back to it till i get on the train on my return journey home.

And so, having been away from the TV for many days... I suffered a rather bad withdrawal syndrome today. I tried to steal a glance from the TV at KOPITIAM but ten minutes was about all that i can get. Been trying to read the papers but the school only has boring papers like the financial times and business time. I suddenly crave for the !LIFE section. CLEO Magazine too.

Anyway, I turned to my lappie for help after i kept reading the same line in my notes multiple times and nothing seemed into this tiny head of mine anymore.

I watched UTADA HIKARU's concert. I watched Hotel California's live video three times. I had my headphones on.. and there... I managed to find some food for my soul. Really therapeutic. Refreshed! Revitalised!

I am pretty motivated to go take that guitar out from my storeroom and start headin for YAmaha or something. I shant let my guitar depreciate in that closet. I wanna be able to play and enjoy the peace, the love and the engagement that the EAGLES had in the concert. I want to.

And I realised one thing too. Right now, Im happy that i have found my way out and also, that I am now more determined to lead my life by tending to my emotional, spiritual and physical needs independently. I know and have the resources available. And i shall be the one tending to all these needs. No point waiting.

In services marketing we learn:

Do not overpromise, cos chances are, you will underdeliver.

This not only works in business. It works in life too.

No comments: