Im happy to be up at 830am and be ready for the day. Actually I first woke up at 700am and I was all ready to get up of my bed. However, i heard papa's voice.. he was practising his fav songs that he would sing at his ktv sessions and I would say it was a bit of a "noise". Besides, it was raining cats and dogs again. And who can resist not sleeping in on a rainy day? So somehow... I dragged on and fell asleep again.
I am beginning to lag in my readings again. This sem all my readings are so intensive. I feel like an art student rather than a business student. But no worries.. I will catch up. I have to.
I received the DVDs from www.hollywoodclicks.com.
I think they are a very successful online DVD rental store with a pretty impressive collection of DVDs. The online system they have is so customer-oriented that I have no frustration choosing my dvds and they even have nice features like "recommendation" section that shows say about 5-6 other shows that they think you might be interested after you click to read more about one show. I am on their trial membership currently which is free for 14 days. After which i think i might just take on a plan. Im a movie addict. I just enjoy putting myself in the different "world"s in the various movies.
GO TRY IT.
Yeah.. Im going to catch the Devil wears prada and Im excited about it. I heard it is a pretty thought-provoking movie, especially relevant for people like us now. I will write more about it after I catch it.
I went for this talk organised by the School's woman connection. A society that aspires to inspire woman and bring out their strength plus to get them to network with some of the woman achievers in Singapore. And we met a few of these incredible ladies yesterday.
Euleen Goh who just was a former CEO of standard chartered, was our guest speaker. She is such an approachable lady. Her humility is something i pay great respect to and of which I will never give away no matter how much i achieve next time. I hate those snobbish ladies i always see at my workplace. And even during those networking sessions, some of these people just feel that they are too good for everyone else.
I manage to speak to Grace park and hear quite a bit about her life in military school in the US, training with other guys and she attended Harvard Biz School too b4 she eventually come to singapore to join the corporate world. She is one lady who is not only pretty, but is also a lady who constantly challenges herself to aim above the mark to hit the mark. Her perserverance is truely admirable too.
Hai yen is also another inspiring character who has great passion for the outdoors and she is highly involved in community service too... She has a very nice voice.. and by the way, she is also a seasoned outdoor racer and ultramarathoner. She once raced across the SAHARA to raise $5000.
Lastly we have margaret chan whom i never really spoke to but who is also another Great woman with great passion in what she likes and what she is doing.
With all these inspration to build on both my emotional strength and physical well-being, I am more motivated than ever to keep myself going and achieve. It is not easy for woman to survive and do well in this corporate world. Though times have already changed, it is undeniable that there exist still, a pretty lot of discrimination in the heads of the XY genes.
"Be aware of your strengths and know what you are good at, be steadfast and be sure to know ya values and ya bottomline cos they will be constantly challenged in the work place. In whatever you do, Have fun!"
I realised that from a lot of great leaders, they never fail to inject fun in their work. It does not mean that they are not serious. However, it is through fun that I believe the essential synergy within a team is created. At the end of the day, relationships counts. After you are done with a project, nothing will be left of that project. Friendship is all that is left...
No comments:
Post a Comment