Saturday, August 05, 2006

Stressed....

Im feeling it. Totally. Summer term is so intense, I do not have time to breathe, to sit down and get my footing right again, and I am constantly on the go. I am trying hard to squeeze my studying in between projects, classes. I need time to sit down and read my textbooks. Im lacking sleep again. There is no time for so many things. ARRGGGHHH....

Two projects to be completed within one week. And the week after, project presentation for 2 projects plus 2 exams. I have to find my life vest. Otherwise I will definitely sink. I dun wanna sink. I wanna stay afloat... and ASEAN LADY is in sight... That should motivate me well.

Grades do matter. Though it didnt really matter for my case for now. Still, It is a personal challenge that I wanna take on.

Corporate Finance is extremely interesting and very important. Day in day out in those lunches I went, people are talking about financing. Debt or equity? And the mix? These are the corporate decisions that has to be made everyday. I need to equip myself well with the knowledge in this aspect. To value company, what affects a company's value which affects a lot of other aspects. SK has been a very great instructor. I shall go audit Investment banking by him. Not that I am interested to go into the IB industry, but that provides another pespective to corporate finance. And since i will eventually be dealing with these bankers as well, it is rather important to know and see things from their point of view.

Marketing. Im actually in Marketing class now. I dun really enjoy studying for marketing. There are a lot of memory work. Yes, it is a lot of bullshit and common sense, but still, there are all the theories to stick to. It is important yes.. but i really dun quite like to study for it. Hiaz... And like halfway thru typing my blog, i will stop to participate in class. Yes.. Now we learn that there are 7Ps in services marketing. More relax, less intense. Hmm...

I just changed my major sequence. AHAH... initially, it should read BBM, Marketing and Finance. I changed it to BBM, Finance and Marketing. Any difference since Im taking a DOUBLE, not a Major minor... YES. Cos i realise people perceive the value of a finance degree higher than a marketing one. People will also take you less seriously when you are a marketing major vs a finance major. Im saying all these in general, there are of course, exceptions. And seriously, that is the case in the world out there.

Im getting naggy... but I am really more sleepy. YAWNzz.....

I crave for something sweet at this point of time.. What do i have in mind now? The APPLE CRUMBLE @ swensens... I need that... hmm... a little treat I think i deserve.

Im fighting a battle now too... trying not to fall sick... SIGH...

Stressed up little thing...

No comments: