Saturday, November 25, 2006

Say a Little Prayer for you!

For me... For me... Paper on mon and Friday. My symbolic last two again but dun tell me crap like how I should treasure the time and preparation I put into getting ready for my last 2 exams. There is NOTHING about exams that I will miss. I cant wait for them all to be over. Honestly, I dun see myself catching a nice un-disrupted sleep until I eventually get onto My TG XXX. Even then, I wont be able to sleep well cos i hate sleeping on planes. And since I wont get a proper bed until 19th Dec, that is how Long I am away from a nice comfy sleep that is totally carefree.... ARRGGHHH!

Yesterday... Friday... I Was suppose to be a chao mugger. BUT... I ended up going for the makeover and not long after I reached home... I had to leave to meet CY. I finally get to eat my Abalone Macademia nuts from Aussie. Thank you CY! And he asked me to join him for a networking-cum-chill night out at St James Powerhouse. And that club is just opp Vivo.

And now I got to know some traders, this thai interior designer, and some other friends' friends. The last person I LEAST EXPECT to get aquainted and be hanging out, chilling out and laughing non stop and she was standing next to me the whole night.. was this channel 8 artiste. I think I better not say her name here cos I think its not nice. AHAH...All thanks to my primary school classmate. AHAH.. Woah.. I couldnt stop laughing when we entered the club cos she came to pick us up and we manage to by-pass the damn long queue outside. She is so cute! I really like her. I couldnt stop laughing cos I never expected her to be there.. rather, I never expected to be going to spend my night with her. My gosh...

We ended up at Dragonfly... that place is like a Chinese rock club with a nice stage and live bands. Woah.. I must talk about this guy, i think he was part of the live band cos he came over to our table and we introduced. HE was damn funny.. COs when he heard my name he went... "EH... Woah... Wanshi... Hmm.. Like those names we always see in school.. in text..." and he went on to explain...

" Wanshi had 5 marbles, Ali had 10 marbles..."

Woah... I couldnt stop laughing.. That was damn funny. This was the first time somebody made such a hilarious comment about my name.. this is damn singaporean cos I dun think people who did their primary school outside singapore would understand. And so each time we spoke it was maths problem sum. AHAH

The other person that I wanna talk about is J. Woah... She is a very attractive lady, still very pretty at the age of 36, she really looks only 28 and she is a coffee trader. Cy told me that she is a director Hmm.. I couldnt help but think about my life when I look at her. Im not sure if I wanna be like her when im 36. Definitely successful in career. Definitely earning a lot. BUT.. I think im missing something. Anyway, she is nice and she talked to me about how she would need to travel to different coffee plantation every now and then and her clients would include like the major players in the coffee industry. And she said that she took in an SMU intern last sem or something and he was damn good. She said he was too good for them. Then when I told wongso, wongso said he knows that guy and he is really damn zai one.. AHHA.. Since that guy already set such a high standard, I think future interns at her trading firm would have a lot of pressure.

Hmm... ANyway, I had a great time.. and I sort of have a new insight to some of the things I have in life. And now that Im about to head into the corporate world, I guess there would lie a lot more opportunities and Im really happy and excited about meeting new people. Its a bit wierd at the beginning but after a while.. its really fun.

My prof marked my paper. He was absolutely impartial. HAHA.. I was smiling like a cow after I ran straight to the office to collect my paper which went missing and made a surprise come-back but almost got me into deep shit. Im safe. And He is and will always be my FAV PROF!!!!!

Back to work!

No comments: