I think i mentioned this before...
My sec school has this motto: with constancy and purpose.
Vj has this line: Nil Sine Labore.. ( Nothing without labour)
SMU.. no line but... we all learn that you can do a damn good job, be damn pro, full of content and ALSO... LOOK GOOD, beautify your work and of course, yourself to market everything as a whole package.
In my present company: From my directors, my colleagues.. we all learn... to drink of course, that is part of the training... And to work hard BUT play even harder. No work when playing... No play while working.
I guess it is not about just making a choice of doing one thing right, it is the skill of juggling everything.. having a balance and making sure that EVERYTHING goes on WELL. That is possible. It is not as if if we are striving for a good career, we should neglect our family, our health, our selves, our friends, our lives. NOT TRUE.
I love hanging out with all my colleagues.. Today's bonding session was awesome! Last friday's too... The guys are always travelling and we hardly get time to bond with them. Haha.. And I love my girlies in the office too... Fun, smart, pretty, with a good sense of humor. Best sales kakis, gossip kakis, professional and willing to share... I just love hanging out with them. They are DAMN FUNNY TOO...
I told them about how I saw this ferrari driver got into an accident. They were appalled at how I just continued on with the cab. Their suggestion: GO AND KNOW THE DRIVER... despite the fact that his head was bleeding profusely... Even if he prolly cant drive anymore in SG, he prolly can hire a driver, even if he is not a good catch, his friends might be. HAha...
But these are just big talks. They are all nice and sweet ladies all true to their boy boy at home. We talk about everything... and anything. LAugh and laugh everyday.
Being the youngest in the company, I have a lot to learn from each of them....
I love my job, I love the peeps... I am happy with my big boss too...
The empowerment is a great form of motivation for me. Although it also means a great source of stress cos I dare not screw things up.
I enjoy meeting new peeps at work. Once again, the exposure here is definitely one that is most condusive for a mgmt trainee to learn. Despite some hiccups here and there, I love this BIG family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment