Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hearty Meal.. And I feel so LOVED.

Thank you to my Jie Jie for the simple but scrumptious and heart-warming meal.

It's been a while since I was last able to head home with the knowledge of a home cooked meal waiting for me at home. This is one of the best feeling ever. And Very often, I think, no matter how hard you work or how much money you earn, what we are after at the end of the day, is to be able to head home and enjoy a simple meal with the loved ones. I truly appreciate home cooked food. That, to me, is a luxury.

The meal today was great, there was papa, mummy, kor kor and jie jie and ah gong around. Nelle and Dyason wasnt around. So this totally reminds me of how things were when we were still young.

Well... Let me do a post-trip write up.

I had a wonderful time in HK. Greatest thanks to SHIYING & DARRYL.

I know its not easy to play host especially when sy you have exams to attend to. I really appreciate the effort and time in travelling to macau for me.

Darryl also sacrificed his time and effort and came down to macau JUST to meet me and bring my luggage back to HK. And he gave up his bed to me, and slept in the living room. Nic was nice... Haha.. although half the time he was already sleeping... But Im glad that he was also totally cool with the idea that im bumping around in their house.

I had a few "FIRSTS".

First time I took so many thrill rides at one go. Once again, I conquered my weakness. Sao siong made me realise that I was able to achieve what I thought I never would,

I learnt one BIG LESSON.
This was the first time I was so unprepared for a flight. My flight back to SG from HK was scheduled at 8pm. Guess what, at 7pm, I was still on the bus nearing the airport. That was the first time that I took that bus so I am totally not familiar with the route. I have no idea where to alight and it doesnt help that my flight is in one hour's time. My body was still aching from the lugging of that 23 KG luggage over like 3 streets... I never knew that I would be able to single-handedly carry and lug and drag all the luggage all the way to the bus stop and up the bus.

Imagine this.. with all these luggage, and I was already totally drained, and that I know that I might miss my flight, I was still sitting on the bus. SO, finally, I saw the terminal, I lug all the luggage down and ran and drag and did whatever I could to the check in counter. It doenst help again that the united airline check in counter is right at the other side of that terminal.

The first thing i did was to go take a trolley and I hurried over to UA counter.

I WAS EXTREMELY BLESSED!!!!

The flight was delayed for 1.5 hours.

I seriously would have missed it otherwise. No joke. Cos by the time I reached the airport, it was already 730. HOW??

Well, I landed in SG at 130am. I eventually slept at 330am. Imagine I had to wake up for work at 730am. Haha.. and I was like a zombie the whole day in office.

ANyway, the bus ride was not all wasted. Cos the bus took the Tsing Ma Bridge. Absolutely fantabulous infrastrature. Its such an art on its own.

OK, in case you are wondering WHY on earth I took a bus.. See... Bus to airport is 14 HKD (3 sgd). Train to airport is 100HKD (20 SGD). TAxi to airport is about 300 HKD (60SGD).

MAD right??? Well its not the money only, I mean they told me it would only take 45 min.. Haha... It took longer than that though.

BUt anyhow.. I had a superb time in HK. I ENJOYED the company of arthur and friends, thanks to Chi man and friends.. thanks to Darryl and friends... thanks to sao siong also.. thanks to Chi Kei, thanks to SY and her exchange student friends...

I officially close the HK chapter.

And I await the next time when I have to wait for my plane to depart and I shall indulge in that subtle Euphoria once again! Ever so ready...

No comments: