First things first, let me list down the backlogs of posts which I have yet to write or put pictures.
- In case you are wondering why is it that I seem to be having a great time staying in hotel and getting restaurant food when I said that I was in nepal to do community service, it is only because I have yet to post pictures of me in the village + my first REAL big group Xmas party in Pokhara city + my home stay.
- I have yet to post pictures of new year eve celebration but I see that Tracy has already done a good job and its the same so you guys might wanna look at her blog instead.
Office ROCKS BIG TIME...
Well, you think leh?
HAha.. anyway. I got a shock when i reached the office yesterday. The office looked so damn nice!!! I know that the upstream oil industry is booming, but i didnt know that the company was doing THIS WELL!!!... Basically, in a span of like just 4 months, the office space doubled. And my company employed about 10 more new people. I wasnt expecting the company to grow so fast!
Im now officially a nomad in the office. I have a table, but I will have to leave this table after 3 months and go take another table. So I dun think its practical to bring lots of barangs to decorate it. Anyway, I love my job. And Im really happy to be learning so much. I think I will stay in this industry. For at least the next 4-5 years. I wanna learn as much as I can of this business, both the business side and the technical side. My direct boss now is so nice!!! He is my idol!!! He is a chinese national, very billingual, strong techinical expertise and great personality!! And I really mean great. SO what if you are techinically sound, so what if you are experienced, but when you have all that and yet you have a great personality, that is what brings people to the highest level of success i think. Im so glad that Im starting off in his hands.
MC spoke to me yesterday. He is DA MAN in my life at this point of time. AHAH... I was so touched to know and see that he really put in thoughts and effort to plan out my career path for me for the next few years. He consults me with his decision, ask me what is it that I want. If not for him, I wouldnt be here. If not for him, I will never be able to enter this industry. I never really thought that I fitted well in banking and finance, I mean yes the money is good, but I just didnt like it. And right now, I see, even if I wanna do marketing, I would wanna be in the marketing team for the company. Now that I found out more about what they really do, I am motivated to be there. Though for the time being Im not very sure what I really want to do in this company, I would dare say the marketing job here is all about substance and not RARA. And with that, I now have a resolution for 2007. In order that I survive well and long in this industry, I would have to equip myself with the technical knowledge involved in ship and oil rig building. Me boss gave me a crash course yesterday. I plan to finish the project in one week. I think I can. I have to try real hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment