As much as I should go and sleep now, I feel the urge to pen my thoughts cos I know that they will disappear and I wont be able to capture my exact thoughts this way if I were to wait till tom.
Today was well spent celebrating Xmas ( Im still receiving my Xmas pressie!! Happy and more are still coming in), celebrating the arrival of New year.
Always had heart-warming lunches at Auntie Lynn's place. That is also a good time for me to meet up and spend time with my family. Just that today my ah yan kor kor is away in Malaysia and so I havent met up with him. I realised that I have been spending lesser time with my family and ever since kor moved out, I hardly get to see him anymore. I havent even been to his house, met his dog nor seen Joyce since I came back from nepal and even Bangkok. That's not a good sign I guess. Suddenly today I missed him. Havent been seeing him around.
And Then I rushed down to east coast for second round of gathering. HAha.. I had fun. Both to receive the news and to meet all my NAMESTE mates!!! Jason did a great gift for Anil. The pictures he took was really pretty too!! And the I will always remember how he so patiently taught me how to use my Nikon, sitting beside me and explaining to me exactly how to use which function on what occasion for almost half an hour!! And he so gentlemanly will always take care of me when Im out with him, especially during the last few days in kathmandu. He will make sure that Im not alone right at the back, he will make sure that I walk around, at least in front of him. Think cos my carbon pills saved him on the first day of the trip, and my face cream helped him too. AHAH... And during the pre-Xmas party when we were all tipsy.. AHAH... He manage to lead me back to the hotel although he was the one who wasnt walking exactly straight and I had to make sure adrian was with us too. AHAH.. That was jason.
Let me talk about Adrian now. Adrian IS MY SAVIOUR 2007! He came to my rescue when I was stranded in school after watching the fireworks at esplanade. We couldnt hail a cab and even calling cab didnt help. I smsed a few people and HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO CALLED BACK IMMEDIATELY!! But to first of all, laugh at us for being in school and he wanted to find out why we were still in school. HAha... But he did come in a cab and Sy and I were really grateful for that. Thank you Adrian!!
I remembered how he updated me with all the places that I must see and visit in Kathmandu cos he stayed there for a month before. And he was my puking kaki too that night when we had food poisoning. And if not for his contacts, I wouldnt be able to see that spectacular sunset at nagarkot while enjoying my nepali food. He has been a great taxi kaki. And if the nepali friends were really nice!!
Next I wanna talk about Zhongyi. He was the first aid guy and he is someone who really turned out to be very different from the person I thought he would be when I first met him. He is ultra funny too. Haha... Very meticulous guy who always records a lot of his thoughts everywhere and anywhere he goes. He shops with the STYLE that he wants in mind and he pulled off really well with his selection of clothes. Very nice. And the funniest thing is when he always make announcements like, " People, the second dose of malarial pill was due two days ago." or "The first dose of malarial pills was due yesterday by the way". Always late!!!
And today Anil had a new way to say hi and bye. HAHA.. I will share with you all if I meet up with you. Its hard to describe here. But that was damn cute!! If only I were still in school, I would be able to do all these funny things with you guys!!! ARRGGHH!!!
Anyway, what I really wanted to blog about, was how I felt just now during the whole time I was celebrating and waiting for the countdown. Its nice to be home. Its nice to have such a nice and warm surrounding and festive mood here back home. I really missed major celebration events of 2006 cos I was overseas. I missed Chinese new year, and in bkk, there wasnt much CNY mood. I missed Xmas, In nepal, the only Xmas thing was the weather, it was nice to celebrate Xmas not in perspiration but in scarves and down jacket. But thank god we still had each other there to celebrate with. And so, this new year celebration is something I really looked forward to cos have been missing out on too much of these celebrations!! And it is during such moments, such festive seasons, that I really miss the ones I loved and put so close to heart. Though Im not really with them, its happy to know that at least im near them!! Although it was too crowded and all, I still must say that I enjoyed the celebration tonight. Tracy made us write our resolutons on that card and I had the honour of blowing them to come true!! Aahah.. she is so cute!
Anyway, Happy New year!! My travelling and being away made me treasure and look at festivals in singapore in a way, I dun think I would ever be able to understand if not for the fact that I experienced it myself. And it made me think of people that I love the way i never would have otherwise too.
Anyway, I shall keep my resolution in my head and take 2007 to greater heights!!
HUGGIES EVERYONE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment