Saturday, January 27, 2007

Arrgghhhh

Peeps out there.. You had better make sure that you really do either of the following:
  1. Find a job that is also ya passion.
  2. Find a job that pays damn well.

Yup. That would suffice. Oh Man... Catching up with like a few of the other classmates from School. They are earning like so much!!! MAS with like starting of about $4k. And Morgan stanley with starting of $7k.

Woah... This is crazy.

It did make me think twice about whether I am in the right industry. Shipping.. or money. AHAH... Money is SO DAMN GOOD. That is Starting salary leh!!!!! like that how? I guess they can never settle for less. I think they will not have to settle for less.

I used to tell myself that its not about the money.. but when it is that kind of money... WOah.. it did make me think twice about whether i should try the finance industry. BUT THEN AGAIN, its not easy to get the jobs that they have. They will definitely move on very well because they have damn solid jobscope too. Surely moving up.

I guess its ok. I shall go settle on my corporate side and wait for the bankers to come and suck up to me. AHAHAh.. when we all know that their sucking up is definitely worth it in terms of renumeration. ARRGGHHH....

Ok, I shall not look at money... Yah but when i look at my tuition fee loan.. It is pretty disturbing.

Its ok. My path is not fixed yet. I can always get back to finance again. Maybe as a ship broker with my 1.25% commission.

Should I start to apply to these big banks too? Should I start to enter the finance industry too? My god. I never tried leh. So Im not sure. But surely i would be in a big ass dilemma if I am offered a good finance position now, regardless of the pay. Im scared you see... of the shipping industry cos its cyclical. I know the finance industry is also very pretty much at the whims of the economy and its just that the ecnomy is doing well now and that kind of money is also not to stay forever.

I realise at the end of the day I maybe still dun really know what I want.

I am perhaps a bit ambitious but I think I really would like to progress at a faster speed than I am now. It is a bit too slow. Hopefully I get to follow my boss the next time he go on biz trip. I wanna learn from the frontline of the biz too. I need more things to keep me motivated. I NEED!!!

Should I still apply for other jobs just to try? Or what? Do I have the need to? I dunno. I guess maybe if I still feel this way, I would have to sit down with W to talk things out a bit and eventually my mentor. Im sure we can work something out. BUT ARRGGGHHH

No comments: