Monday, January 15, 2007

Birthday Eve

I am so Tired. And I mean REALLY freaking tired.

I had insomnia last night cos my nose was blocked and I was coughing badly and my throat was darn dry. I just couldnt sleep. No matter how i toss and turn, I couldnt rest my mind. And I think i had at the most, 3 hours of quality sleep.

And today, I went to work. Though I have half the mind to take MC cos i am really coughing my lungs out already. BUt I went anyway, and my day did not end till like 15 min ago. And the time now is 1136pm. Which means that I finally only got home at around 11pm. I worked till 6pm, went back to SMU to and met up with Kev and Andy for dinner. Met some Nameste peeps, and went for class which began at 7pm. Its just seemed so nicely arranged. I mean like If I hadnt met up with Andy for movie on sun, we wouldnt have talked about the courses. He wouldnt have mentioned the course, "Shipping business" to me, and I wouldnt have mailed the associate dean for permission to sit in. BUT all happened. And I was simply THRILLED when I realised that this course is about "Ship broking" and my instructor, needless to say, Is a shopbroker.

WOah and I swear, other than the fact that I am physically worn out, sick and having a serious lack of sleep, I enjoyed the course thoroughly. I see the world of shipping after a ship is built. And that is the world I guess I couldnt see from my company side cos that is not what my company deals with. Nonetheless, the knowledge there is extremely important. To build ships and really be in the shipping business, I believe you must understand the whole line. Right from building the ship, to chartering, to trading, to the derivatives. I mean I used to think shipping is just shipping, but I am totally addicted now to the world of ships.

I see how I can also branch into ship broking now should my stay in the current place expire. And the most interesting part is that I am going to have 3 instructors to teach different parts of the course. Meaning, I will get to know more industry people. And Its simply amazing to be able to learn, study and immediately see the real world application. There are so many technical terms etc in this line. But im sure whoever stays here for a while, and managesto grasp the knowledge, both the technical and the business aspect , finding a job wouldnt be a problem in the industry.

I really feel like im having a whole new life at this point in time.

BUT Im reallly tired now.. 15 hours non stop, plus the flu which has officially worsened, and the ultra lack of sleep. I REALLY AM GOING TO DROP DEAD ANYTIME SOON!

Glad to have found the 3 Yishun guys - Marcus, Andy, Kevin to share cab with me home. That was the highlight of the day. HAHA.. With a wierd Taxi driver who insists that it is like damn easy to study in smu as in like life is damn easy since we only take 4-5 courses each sem. SIGH. Why like that?

Anyway, Im here right now typing furiously away cos I think my brian will shut down anytime and I dun wanna end halfway here. And the real reason as to why I am here still typing is cos my hair is still wet!

Well... I already had like 2 rounds of birthday celebration although my birthday is like in 13 min time from now. But I already received pressies from my babes... and my godma.

And althought I was darn sick this morning plus the monday blues.. I was pleasantly surprised to see a pressie on my table!!! Thanks to XZ... whom I pestered and bothered a lot when I had problems with my lappie. Woah.. and he got me a bachalor mug so that my water can be kept warm, it works like a thermal flask as i have been coughing like nobody's business. SO Touched!!

Anyway... Thanks for the SMSes... and the call from ireland which i missed cos I was in class.

I think i cannot take it anymore. I need to sleep.

COS TOM IS MY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments: