Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I have a lot to say....

I was suppose to just meet wongso for dinner but he signed up for Kim eng talk already and so I decided to sit in rather than roaming around the streets.

Got some motivation from the talk. Though it has nothing to do with whatever I am doing now or what I intend to do. Still.. It reminds me of my days in School, and once again, like the constant nagging from all the finance profs... I am again reminded of the importance of keeping updated with the news, of which I have been rather guilty of not doing conscientiously.

Will DO so...

Had a free dinner, not planned after the talk. Was supposed to be some refreshments ( i didnt attend for this!) and it turned out that they had real food. Got to know wilson and David better. HAha.. didnt realise that David actually knows my company well. And Wilson is the guy who did the school proud during his internship with the trader.

Anyway....

I will have to switch my mugger mode on soon. Like really soon. I never understood what Ashley said the last time I saw her in school and she had graduated then when she replied that she came back to school to do some revision. I have like a TON of revision to do.

I miss the library. REally. And the road has changed beside the biz block and the bus stop is like within the campus. So cool and convenient.

Back to me.

Im not joking when I say I need to go back to school to mug.
And I know how far behind I had dropped and how long I havent been getting in touch with my finance and how much I am losing them. The feeling of losing my finance knowledge is scary... And the fact that Im collecting and digging and trying to learn as much about Shipping as I can in the midst of all these is tiring me out.

And above all these, im suppose to keep abreast of the current affairs.

I definitely wanna keep reading my books too. The Kim eng guy mentioned the 20/80 rule. And I remembered that this theory was put across very well in the book Tipping Point. I need to continue and finish up reading these books. Peeps if you are looking of some real good non fiction books... Try Malcolm Gladwell. BLINK and TIPPING POINT. Books about thinking. Excellent illustration. And I believe BLINK is especially useful if you all are like going to graduate and will be going through the job search that also includes many tests... And the book is really good in explaining and reasoning how the brain works. Definitely worth reading.

I need to keep in touch with my Chinese too. In terms of reading and writing. I have to be able to read and write like I used to in those days... ARRGHH...

There is so much to learn. So much to absorb and SO MUCH to keep myself busy and feel motivated everyday.

Time is precious. I need to achieve more. I think I havent been productive these days. It is like 3 weeks since I started work. I should try and learn more and produce more. Its important that I get into the right momentum to keep myself going. I think I should go A bit faster....

I said I might not be able to post but I realised that it is very important that I post my thoughts here. I need to think about all these things and also rationalise some things. Its difficult to just think about them. When I actually pen them down, I think im also structuring my thoughts and my sentences, which is also important i feel.

Time to do some hardcore shopping. New year is around the corner. I missed the CNY last year as I was in BKK. I will treasure my CNY this year. The family, the food, the ang bao. Miss the new year food also. No worries... I will get to enjoy it this year. And i defnitely will treasure it a lot more than i did previously.

Im again, very sleepy. I gtg. Preserve the energy for the right things. And I WILL.

No comments: