Thursday, August 02, 2007

Im lost again

Im given 6 months to decide on where I would like to stay for the next 2 years.

I have absolutely no idea man.

I wouldnt mind rotating in China. But he said he cant afford to put me there though that will be very good for both him and me. BUt I never ask him why. I will. Cos I will never be able to add value unless I understand what is going on over there too.

I ask what are the available options. He opens all to me to pick one. And seriously, I have no idea. Non of the places that I have rotated so far has something that i see will interest me for 2 years. In fact, I enjoy rotating so much and being able to bridge the gaps in the different departments that I never expect that I will have to make a choice so fast.

Hmm... I guess it will have to be investment. Maybe that was a sign. That day when I was given the investment policy to draft, it was already a sign that I should go into that. Maybe.

But I never even tried trading shares on my own. The finance that I learnt in school is pretty much for school cos I never tried a lot of hands on stuff when it comes to finance. And I am very sure that Is not where my ultimate interest lies at this point in time. But I might be wrong. BEcause perhaps in order to reach my ultimate goal, the only way to be a good generalist, I have to first of all prove that I can excel as a specialist. I have to show that I can excel in more than one department.

Yeah yeah.. Im back to finance again.

I think there is 80% chance that I will go into that. The other 20% chance is into ship management, all the broking, chartering and trying to manage ship like a owner.

I am so torn between the two. Please advise me!

So it means it is Either CFA or ICS. Sigh.

My gut feeling tells me that I should go for investment, be an investment executive, complete my CFA, and later on move into ship management.

Isnt it exciting? My career is so unpredictable.

I have some thoughts in my head. If that is possible, I will take that route.

Yeah yeah... I need to chat chat with them again. I have to.

No comments: