I slept through most of today, trying to recover from the partying last night. It was a darn fun one and I finally got to know like a lot of those people i used to also see in school, and we have like been seeing each other around for more than 3 years yet we never had the opportunity to introduce ourselves and say Hi. And yesterday was the day.
There was this closeness I felt. I am really happy and the peeps were really fun loving and definitely cute and beary full of crap.
Most of them went straight from prom night at Ritz, I didnt join them cos I thought I would have to work today. But I guess the real fun started at zouk, it is just that i know I have missed out seeing the familiar faces, going through all the thick and thin with everyone, rushing for all the projects, all the late nights, all the meetings, all the dark rings. But at the end of the day, we do feel close as a family.
I miss school. I love school. I am happy to see and have met them. It is funny how we all began to really start talking more to each other, as in like those we always see but never ever speak to each other, the aquaintences, only after graduation. Somehow when we are out there, we all still feel very attached to the smu community.
The group yesterday, apart from sy, consist of people whom I never hang out with at all in school. It is pretty farnie how I begin to start knowing more people from school after graduation.
Anyhow. It was pure fun.
On my way to meet JC for dinner, I stopped at cheers at YCK MRT. I chanced upon this new magazine - Vanilla. I never really quite know what the content or the target of the magazine was for. Since it was new, and I guess I was pretty tired of all the Her world, Cleo, and Shape, I decided to give it a try.
And I have to say, this would certainly be a must read magazine for me from here on. I love the content of this magazine. They bring out the strength in woman, they bring out the multiple roles which are very much still being shaped even at this point in time that woman play in the society. They talk about fashion, travel, high life, family, feminist stuff, work and sports.
I never was so engrossed in all the articles of one magazine before.
This is a good read.
As I very often think about my life, now, and in the future, I am always in search of motivation for other ladies around. And I think this is a great magazine that has been created for this purpose.
Let me share their quote of the month, which I am beginning to see for myself the accuracy of it: "Its a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."
Dinner was absolutely impromptu again for me today. But the dinner + shopping after that with JC today was fantabulous. I am always very tickled by the way she speaks, her straightforwardness, her unpretentious nature and her relentless quest to walk into every shop that is open even at 1030pm on a sunday night.
I found a pair of really gorgeous black heels with gold linings. I hope the salesgirl is able to transfer my size over to me. Im running out of shoes, and certainly, black shoes. I am going to pamper myself and start loving myself more. Spiritually, physically and emotionally.
Gonna stay happy. and hopefully, be able to bring happiness to all around me too!
No comments:
Post a Comment