Saturday, March 24, 2007

Free

I love SaturdayS!

Whee... And Im beginning to love fridays too.. Sorry Girlies. Sorry wongso. For neglecting you all while I spent the whole time talking to my colleague at ice cold. But I still love you all! Never doubt that!

I feel like im embarking on a journey, to a new place I hardly heard of, saw people I never knew existed and am learning things I never know of.

It is certainly exciting. I had lots of freedom. I have lots of autonomy. But sometimes I do feel insecure about whether I am on the right track and if I am doing the right thing. I am still trying to find my footing. I am still trying to understand the industry. I am still trying to understand the company, my bosses and the culture.

It is certainly challenging. I have great aspirations. I have dreams. I see opportunities of which I know I will either make or break. Somebody has to do it, and since I think that is my purpose of existence here, I will give it a try. Of course, not without proper thoughts, planning and understanding. The biggest challenge is not here. It is over there in China. I will treasure what i have. I will do my best.

It is going to be something great, yet small. It is a significant journey for me. For me to discover myself.

I used to say very often that I wanna travel. Now i realise, this journey that I am embarking on now is giving me the same fulfilment, challenge and addiction that I used to experience in all my overseas stint. And I am contented with staying here. For a while at least.

I finally finished the Paulo Coelho book on "THE ZAHIR". This is a book on love and life. And interesting quote to share with you all:

"In the words of a Persian sage: Love is a disease no one wants to get rid of. Those who catch it never try to get better, and those who suffer do not wish to be cured."

How true.

Its been a long long while since I was last able to spend all my love and energy on myself. I sort of felt this way last year when I was in bkk, but that was afterall, away from home and away from a lot of the practicalities in life that I had to face. It is slightly different now. This is real. I think I have finally managed to live my life here the free and happy way I learnt during my exchange.

Hmm..

SMILEY...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!
While surfing in the net I discovered your profile and I also love the work of Paulo Coelho!!!! Do you know that he is launching his new book, The Witch of Portobello, through his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com?
I found it out because i'm inscibed to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
it's simply wonderful!
have a nice day!