Monday, March 12, 2007

You Made me day!!!

Thank you for pushing me so hard and not budging just to get me started!

I really almost cried and couldnt sleep the night before. AHAH.. And I went home determined no to think about it that day after work when i failed to get the discount for the spare part, a small part. I knew I had to get that spare part cos the yacht is waiting for me.

Had dinner with yao and sory for having to hear me whine.
I knew I had no better solution nor strategy. SO I went home to catch my DVD -20,30,40....to keep my mind off something which i can do nothing about at that point in time. At that instance, i really had no solution.

I dreaded my way to work the next day, knowing that I couldnt run away from calling the rude and fierce and firm guy. I went on to finish everything else except to call. Finally, I know I cannot give "no" as an answer to him. I had to call.

I looked at the clock - 2.40pm. I will call at 3.00pm
I procrastinated.
I looked at the clock - 3.30pm. I will call at 4:00pm.
I procrastinated.
I looked at the clock -4.20pm. I will call after a toilet break.

And after getting more advice from my fellow purchasing executives...

I called.

No matter what I cannot hang up until he gives me a discount.

And I did it. After holding on. After insisting that he gives me a cut. After listening to him crap. After I crap a lot more. and the final sentence which brought him to say what I wanted to hear was:

" I'm in a difficult position leh... Like that things are difficult for you and me!"

Yeah... This guy is a bloody attitude piece of shit by the way. He was all out to bully me. Giving me crap excuses about why the credit terms used to be 30 days and now he demands cash on delivery... Because WHY? HE said maybe that time it wasnt him though on every piece of document his name was written clearly there. And then he gave a very fake laugh and said maybe last time he was a good man, now he isnt.

Now I know why some of my colleagues are so angry and sometimes really firm and was telling people off. They deserve it. Just because im literally only 2 weeks on purchasing job.

And by the way, the dealings my company has with his company was always in terms of hundreds of thousands on average. And he refuse to cut $20 for me... and had to make life so difficult and give me crap.

ARRGGHH...

ANyway... as I was saying.. ahha.. If not for pushing me out of my comfort zone, I wouldnt have known that I could do it. He knew it was tough, he just wanted me to get a discount even if it was $2. HAha.. and after I settled the documents and everything, he sent an email to commend me and have it sent to my big big boss.

I was smiling away... At my lappy on this monday morning reading their comments. AHAHHA... Im really really happy to be here! I have the best bosses in the world!!

No comments: