Monday, March 05, 2007

A touch of Zen




This is a fantastic show! The motivation to catch this show came when I remembered a few years ago, channel 8 was showing this shaolin kungfu cum theatre performance and I was totally taken away by the shaolin stunts. So When i chance upon the TV commercial just before CNY this year. I knew I had to watch it!
And because of my procrastination. I ended up not having the normal seats. I was only left with REstricted view sit. It was half the price and since I dun think I have another choice. I decided to STILL go ahead with my plans to catch the show.
MUahahah... I think it is really an experience to have watched the show the way i did. Rather, the way we did. HAAHHA... Mind you, this is inside Esplanade theatre!! But cos we were in the resticted view area, it also means that there was no one else behind us. SO???
I watched the whole show in various forms. I was standing sometimes when they were doing all the impressive and mouth-gaping stunts, kneeling on my seat, half squarting, when i really couldnt catch the characters when they decided to stay on the left side of the stage, and we were on the left side of the balcony, I had to half share wongso's seat with him. I think he was in an awkward position each time i went over. I think his ass was on the right arm rest, one leg on his seat, the other leg on the floor. HAHAHAAH....
Despite all these, we really enjoyed the show. Just that Now i know what are the restricted seats that CAN be taken and which are the ones that unless you really are dying to watch, you can forget it.
I think i wanna visit the shaolin martial arts school in Henan Province one day. See if they have any short courses. DAMN COOL lor.. they were flying in the air, and they even performed the different animal series of kungfu, there is the monkey, snake, eagle, frog... Totally impressive. They all jumped so so high, all the flying kicks, all the different sticks, weapons, and this soft metallic sword.
And they have the best visual arts i have seen so far. I really liked the way they arranged the lighting and for this particular scene. Very impressive. The music and drums were perfect!
One thing for sure, they definitely have to repair the stage floor after 2 days of this kungfu show and how they have been hitting the ground so hard with their sticks.
BEARY BEARY NICE SHOW!
Sorry, you guys missed it. Next year bah.. Im a kungfu freak!

No comments: