Thursday, March 22, 2007

Living & breathing Shipping

Im in general happy with my life. Haha.. many of you read my entries on relationships and came to drop me a note or two. THANKS peeps!!

HAha.. I didnt know that i sounded so disturbed over my being single status. Im not disturbed. Haha.. Sumaya.. asking me not to settle for less. HS, telling me dun rush into one. Thank you all! I feel loved!

I am having a fantastic time with my colleagues at work. Haha... Especially C who sits beside me. Woah haha... She sounds like she is leaving soon, I can understand, yet I know I cant do much to change anything. But I really am having loads of fun at work! I love the people. Was just telling them that ever since we all got closer, we finally lived up to the title of Orchard Working Ladies!! Rush down to the latest sale, bitch about everything and laugh about anything under the sun, sashay our way into food courts and stealing glances at cute guys. Very funny lah. But I never compromise one bit of my work ok? In case you are thinking. I still strive for excellence and put my 110%.

But im going to leave this department at the end of the month and I will have to bid goodbye to C. She wont have anyone to talk to and laugh with after im gone. She might just reside back to the quiet one when I first knew her. Haha.. She heard me whine and hear me talk about my dreams. I was afraid of politics but sometimes i just dun care. I mean i dun bitch about people. I just comment on things. Im totally objective and not personal. And im very glad to have their support really.

J came up to us today and said today is the last day for the boat show. This exhibition on yachts. I was elated and told him Im interested. Then I went to seek permission from W and he said yes!! Only to find out later that the show is in one month's time, sian...

I enjoy going for all these trade exhibitions. They are very interesting and certainly an eye opener. I did talk about how much I love the sea didnt I? And the first time I went onboard our company's mega yacht, I was totally mesmerized. I feel kind of blessed to be in this industry cos that strong affinity with the sea seems to be paving something more concrete for me.

There is another upcoming exhibition at suntec on 2nd to 4th april this year. This is a big shipping exhibition and conference. All of you out there, who still thinks that the world only has investment banks and investment banks... time to take a look at this other big and vibrant industry. Vibrant at least for now.

I told you guys about my alternative career paths. I am now preparing myself for that. Not that I am sure that the current one is not working but, im not going to be complacent here and not think about my future. Besides, whatever preparations I do now will all benefit me at the end of the day regardless of where i go. I need a good industry knowledge for both the jobs. I need to understand the business. I am still trying to learn as much as I can about the trade.

Qualifications are important. Experience especially in this industry. So Im going to make sure that I get my ICS soon. After that I should be looking at an MBA. And I am looking at relocating to one of the European countries for the experience and exposure for my alternative job if things dun work out here. London, norway, or the netherlands. These are the big shipping places to be and I seriously dun mind relocating. I just have got to leverage on my experience and opportunity at this point in time and keep moving forward.

AARRRGGHHH
I still have problems reading a fixture but I shall be determined to get it right. My captain is away and I do hope that he comes back fast!

No comments: