I have a dream...
A song to sing...
Im motivated by my dream. Its a dream cos I cant achieve it immediately. I need at least 4 years from now. It's very important to me. It doesnt matter if at the end of the day Im going to be who I see myself to be. What is important is that I see and I hold that dream now. The dream will bring me through the obstacles, will lead me through the darkness and with this dream, I now have the patience to wait. Cos I know, I will get there eventually. I just need to wait. I cant fool time. And besides, I need the experience here to really be a successful SB at the end of the day.
Im stretching myself everyday. The intensity reminds me of school once again. Though I have already graduated last term, it seems that I cant have a lobo life since all of you are having all ya exams now too. All those graduating with me. I think i dun make sense here. Haha.. pardon me.
Im physically worn out. Mentally Im awake but I guess my body is not able to cope with the adrenalin surge. No matter how much I wanna continue doing, I cant fool my physical limits. Gotta gym tom. No joke. At this rate that Im going, Im sure to age, and look like a prune with very ugly figure too... I need to work out. If it doesnt rain on thur, if I can, I will try to go swim.
I have been eating quite a lot already le. But sigh... I still seem to have lost some weight. Sy says that too. I think the corsitol level is high leh. That should account for my higher metabolic rate and higher rate of digestion.
oohhh...
mc JUST talk to me online.
Woah.. I am indeed happie. REally happy.
I thought im left on my own. So actually not. He cares. So im not left out. That few words are enough to spur me on. I guess he is not being informed of the issues properly. At least it seems so. No more hearing from other people. I shall sort it out and then go to him direct.
I always talk about my ICS dream. Actually that is sort of like a back up. HAha... The other favourable outcome would be my stay here. That's a bit tricky for now. But so far, So good. I am extremely motivated by these two dreams. They are opportunities hard to come by. I am PLAIN LUCKY to be where I am now and be doing the things I do now. Seriously, I wasnt employed because of my grades cos till now, my boss doesnt even know my GPA.
Im lucky to be in this industry. Seriously, there is NO WAY in which i would have been able to join this industry, not this way. I wouldnt even have possibly applied too. It's all been like pre-plan. Mummy's insistance on me not going for my Guangzhou internship last year seem like one of the best choice ever. I remembered how she insisted too, that I go draw a lot from the temple on whether I should go for the GZ internship cos GZ was struck by typhoon at that time. And apparently the lot stated very clearly that I shouldnt go. I cried. I remember standing at bugis mrt, and when I saw wm, I cried cos I couldnt go to GZ. I remembered the lot saying that the GZ trip looks good from here but isnt the case over there. Something like that. And because I rejected that offer, I eventually landed in this company. And tada... Yours truly is in the shipping industry now. I am beginning to fall in love with this industry. Seriously in love.
Cy called me yesterday. Told me he needed a barge. Haha... I felt a little bit like a ship broker. The only difference is that I have no contacts of available work barge and tug boats for him. But that was a really fun conversation. Draft, charter rate, tonnage, Haha... And I went to ask captain today. But we only have accomodation barge at this point in time. Captain was so nice!! HE said that he will bring me on board to take a look the next time the barge docks in SG. HAHA... Although all these chartering matters is not the primary business of my company, but Im really interested in it. At least we do have some dealings here. I wanna be able to read the charter party well. I wanna be able to do what a broker does. In all aspect. And Im going to learn. No way am I going to be an engineer. Neither am I going to be a captain. So the only way for me to learn enough industrial knowledge is through ICS. This is very important. In this industry, you will make it far only if you have both the commercial skills and technical knowledge. I guess it is the same for every industry.
I know very well that having a degree is not enough. Not enough at all. Theories and practical skills are equally important. Transferrable skills are important too. Learn. Keep learning. Non stop.
I better go wash up cos its really late. I cant stop blabbering cos I guess my brain needs to unwind a bit.
CHEeRIOs
Shi
No comments:
Post a Comment