
I was giggling the moment i realised that the seats we got.. were once again..restricted. I didnt really quite know about where and what kind of seats we got cos we bought the tickets from tracy's friend. Remember the wonderful experience I spoke about when we watched "A touch of Zen"?? HAha.. But certainly our seats are better than that cos we were on Circle 2 last night instead of circle three. I think we have now become experts in restricted seats. So the next time we wanna get cheap tickets, we know which are the good restricted seats and which are the ones you shouldnt even bother.
Well, I guess i have just completed my Phantom adventure, one that started in 1999. HAha.. so from 1999 to 2007, I bought the CD to listen to the songs and fell in love with them. After that I went to the library and I finished the phantom novel. In around 2002 or so, cant remember the exact year, I caught the phantom movie. Tada... on the 7th April, 2007, I finally caught the opera on stage.
I think the costumes and props are really pretty and intricately designed. I love the european style lacy dresses, with corset tops and very nice sleeves, sashes and fabric. I feel like getting myself one of these but haha.. there is no occasion to wear them.
I cant wait to catch an opera in one of those big opera houses in London! There are a lot of things that are on my "MUST-DO-THIS-LIFETIME" List and certainly this is one of them.
So much so for my phantom fantasy.
Back to work.
I have to start from scratch and build my HR knowledge so that I can get the projects going. As a HR personel, according to S, we have to be impartial, we are side neither the employees nor the employer. I guess it is all about bringing the two sides together and at the end of the day, certainly we will be at least one side closer to the company than the employees no matter how impartial we would like to be simply because the HR department is part of the company and is not a seperate entity on its own. Put simply: You have a boss to report to and that boss, happens to represent the company. There you go.
Make or break I said.
Make or break it is.
Make.
I see the real challenge here. Bridging the cultural divide. And we are looking at 3 different cultures. A test of real leadership. Managing the human capital. Where you need not just ya head, but ya heart too.
Happy Easter!
Alrighty, me going back to school to seek help from the available collection in the library.
I am, afterall, still a STUDENT! And I love this kind of learning... Cos im PAid to LEARN. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment