Ok. Do not shut off, move away or skip it simply cos you are not a Buddhist. If I chance upon a old jesus story from my readings I would post it too. After all, we are in a multi-racial multi-religion society. And its always very interesting to be talking about religion with my 4 other babes... we have islam, christianity and buddhism in exchange and we never flip tables, we never not talk to each other again cos we are all open to the different views, stories, and teachings.
Here goes:
The Buddha and a monk were approaching a river and saw a woman washing some clothes along the banks. As they reached her, she asked if they could help her ford the river.
"Ah, we are sorry, kind lady, " said the monk. " You know a monk is not allowed to touch a woman."
But the Buddha, having compassion for her, offered to carry her on his back and, lifting her, proceeded to wade across the water. He put her down on the opposite bank. She thanked him profusely, and the two men went on their way. Walking in silence, the Buddha realised the monk was upset.
"What is wrong, brother?" he asked.
"Lord, you know we have taken vows and are not supposed to touch woman," and the Buddha replied, "yes, I did pick her up and carry her across the river. But there I put her down. You, however, are still carrying her."
No comments:
Post a Comment