I have officially become an early bird...
Work has been pretty strenuous these days, not physically as in i have to run about, rather, it has been demanding a lot of brain and eye power from me. I would have to sleep at 1030pm every night cos my brain and eyes just auto shut down from then on.
Ha.. So im blogging now at 830am. What a rare timing!
I have got a list of things to do and i am actually halfway thru the packing of my room but the urge to drop a line or two here still precedes my motivation to pack ( really very low).
One piece of good news here. I am going on a Biz Trip to China with my director. Well, it is afterall a business trip and so, I have a lot of serious work to do right here and right now cos there is no chance of me screwing anything up, I Have to make sure i dun screw things up too. Been trying very hard!! And i would have to do up a presentation, so that my director can present in English and after that is my 15min show in Mandarin. Its not so much of the fact that i have to present that im worried about, What really is kind of stressing me up a little is the fact that I have to translate ALL the FINANCIAL TERMS into mandarin... TEll me somebody, what is vesting period in chinese? What is Employees shares option scheme in chinese? And the list goes on...
Ok, no pain, no gain. And i must say I am really thankful for the opportunities and responsibilities entrusted in me by this company cos this is the most valuable working experience I have. I started off doing some basic stuff in the accounts department but all that made me understand better on some of the operations and procedure of accounting in the company. The HR things that i'm handling also provides me with a better idea of recruitment in the company plus.. hahaha.. all the contacts with the recruitment agencies... From Job Ad, to interviewing... I really learnt a lot. Lastly, this whole shares option scheme not only made me go dig high and low for my binimial options pricing and Black scholes options pricing, I got to plan, be part of the whole scheme from beginning till the implementation, and also i got to work closely with a financial analyst from this consulting firm. And this Corp finance project is one of the biggest reason why i am going to china.
I am really excited about the trip. Thank god i have a lot of things to sort out and still work on now and so i am able to keep my cool and then continue working. AHha...
A little insight into my itenary of the trip:
I will be flying to Shanghai, Pu dong, before taking a domestic flight from there to Yantai. On the return journey, i will be taking the domestic flight from Yantai to beijing and then from there back to SG cos there is no available flight from shanghai back to sg. My greatest challenge is to force myself to sleep well on my flight there cos from prior experience, Shi who lacks sleep is firstly, highly irritable, secondly, unable to think properly, and thirdly, going to look very ugly!!!. I can afford none of these especially i still need my brain over there! Anyway, im taking all midnight flights for the long distance ones cos those are my director's preferred travelling time... OH WELL... Im happy, really excited but as of now, until i finish my work and my packing of my luggage and room, im not ready to go!!!
HAha... my dream of going to CHina this sem for internship has come true.. Though it is not a long term kind of thing, but this is certainly something very hard to come by and its a really invaluable experience and opportunity that im looking here.
Oh and Carol, Michelle and IVY... HERE i come with all ya fav NISSIN CUP NOODLES. HAHAH.. i need to free up space in my luggage for all these. HAHA.. i will bring minimal clothings and try to bring more of these food for you guys since i TRULY understands ya homesickness for local food here and just a few months back, i was greatful to all those who brought and sent me food just so that I can attend to all my "SINGAPORE FOOD CRAVING".
I cant wait to meet Carol!!! AHAHAAH.. BEen talking to her everyday and we are both very excited. She is going to bring me to SING KARAOKE!!! 3 Sing Dollars per hour i heard and that was the only interesting thing to do over there at Yantai, shandong province. I dun see myself having a lot of "happy hours" and SO.. Im really going to treasure every min and sec that im there!
I shall continue another entry tom or perhaps, on my return with haha... lots of other pics to share. TILL THEN!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment