The first official deadline of things was over.
I am now clearing up some of the aftermath. I guess when if this was a pure finance job, i wouldnt have to be so worried now. But no, this is fundamentally a HR responsibility and so I i feel i owe it to the employees. I have to make them understand and be sure of every single thing that was laid out.
Things were never so intense and so challenging. I had to liaise first, with UBS, and then there are the brokerages, Kayhian and Vickers, and there was the indirect liaison with SAFE, the foreign exchange authority in China, not the end, this not so well known bank in china, the employees, yes, I mean the pure Chinese, of which i have to translate every single thing, especially the concept, in chinese, and we are talking about financial terms, and there is the tax part that I have to handle, make a quick decision because I didnt get it when the time was up. I also had to now make sure all the relevant bosses know and understand what they are checking when they put a signature or stamp on the relevant docs. Finally, to gel everything and also so that I can show everyone a clear picture of the whole process, I need to put everything prim and proper into those flowcharts, policies, etc. From SG, to Norway, to Switzerland to China, international ya?
And so none of the weekends since I arrived passed by without me having not to think about work. It got pretty bad this weekend cos I dreamt abt my colleagues, my boss and work for two consecutive nights. I didnt know if it was the indigestion or the stress or perhaps, both, I felt pretty nauseous and my stomach was so bloated. I hate this feeling.
I cant wait for this friday. 080808, opening of Beijing Olympics and guess what? I AM transiting the city for a quick peking duck and some shopping, not sure how much of the olympics experience i would get, but surely it is cute that I get to be "THERE" on the very day. I hope the airport doesnt screw us up and that it is safe for us to do what we wanna do, and most importantly, to have our flight bring us back safely, home.
No comments:
Post a Comment