I woke up this morning feeling that bit of mental toil from the impending workload from projects and midterm preparation for this week. This is the optimum level of stress that will keep me going. My aim now is to maintain this level of adrenalin so that i can move at the best speed possible and yet not feel depressed or lose sight of where i am heading. I am going to make full use of everyday here. I wanna catch "brokeback mountain" tonight. I think i will be going to MBK so that i can enjoy the cheapest ticket of 80bt a show. I am now trying to achieve the most i can out of my 250bt budget a day. It is entirely possible. I can occasionally indulge in ice cream, get my milk, have a decent meal in school or from the streets, yet fit a movie into my schedule. These two weeks i will need to mug for my midterms and i am also going to watch as many movies as possible from the film festival.
I have also came up with a list of things that i would wanna get b4 i return home. Topping the list is ahah.. textbooks. Textbooks are much cheaper here and i do wanna buy a few good ones from here and bring them back. NExt up... Fiction & motivational Books... Im definitely going to complete my paulo coelho series and recently i just chanced upon this other book by the author of "blink", "Tipping point". That book is going to be next on my reading list. I will also go compile all the best pics since day 1 of my exchange and i will be sending them for printing. I think i will lug home prolly 4 big albums of photos.. ahha.. And Jen, I might need ya help for my luggage...
I wanna go tailor a suit too. However, so far i haven really found out where the good tailors are and which places offer a better price. I will prolly get some shoes but other than that i dun think i will wanna do much shopping cos i can also do them back home. Yes its more ex back home but i will wanna buy things that are most useful for now due to budgetary and luggage allowance constraint. YEP!! That's about it. And of course... TRAVEL...
I am beginning to have a better idea of where i should be heading for my career... YEah... It is neither purely marketing nor purely finance. I will talk about this later when i have more details and plans to share. Anyway, im glad that at least, now i know what I really want. To pursue my dream job, i need to equip myself with a lot more knowledge and skill that i now lack. Topping the list is my language skills. I need to go pick up a few more languages. NEED. I will go complete my intemediate Thai and advance thai soon. If i can find a good place here to learn i will do it here. And i need to learn one more asian language. I guess Jap is the most sensible language to learn right now. I need to learn one European language too... Im still thinking if i should take on French or Spanish. I need to hurry... Im running out of time.... The degree is there but i need a lot of skills for the competitive advantage. Finding a job in singapore is not difficult but i need more than a normal JOB. I need a job that FITs me too.. A job that i really wanna do or at least keeps me going. I dun wanna dread going to work everyday. I know how that feels and nope... i dun want that.
Ok... back to reality... back to NOW. Time to head for CHULA to do my project.
No comments:
Post a Comment