Sunday, January 22, 2006

I think i have totally lost my singaporean looks. Everyone who doesnt know me speaks to me in Thai. And that is 100% when im in uniform. The bad news is, it is 98% even when im not in one. Today i already tried to dress like a tourist, with a cap, 3/4 jeans, the imitation brickenstock, and my flashy orange bag and still... the man at the newstand at Chid lom station says i look like Kon Thai!!!!! and he laughed when i told him im from Singapore. Not funny what....

That was not the worst. Just now, after sending Summer and her friend to the BTS station, i went back to my apartment. On the way, there was this singaporean family behind me and they were apparently staying at my apartment too. I was quite surprised that they didnt choose to stay in the hotel. They were all dressed up formally and i think they must have just attended a wedding dinner. Well... I was kind of happy for a while to hear familiar language again... Then we were in the lift. After about 3 seconds, the father told the daughter in chinese that my ear ring was bigger than hers... I was like.... please lor... i had to pretend that i didnt understand him... when i really felt like replying him back in the singaporean chinese. Woah... i didnt know i look so unsingaporean... What is happening to me? And you talk about me so opening and confidently that I dun understand what he was saying…

Maybe i should sunblock my whole body. Just yesterday when i was looking at my pictures in the welcome party... i began to panic... cos the colour of my face and neck doesnt really match anymore!!!

Anyway... i am not well now. Got a bad throat with cough... My throat is perpetually dry.. At night and especially in the morning.. it hurts to even swallow my saliva. I really hope that the medicine will cure me. By the way, i went to Bangkok National Hospital to seek treatment. They did not have the kind of "clinic" system like singapore. Anything is to go hospital. Wanna quit the waiting and the chance of exposing yourself to more viruses from other sick people? go to a private hospital. And i went... After consulting their friends, my Buddies june and pum brought me to BNH. I was told that it would be around 1300. That is around like $50. I didnt really care so much about the fees cos i know I need a doctor.

Listen here kk... listen up! If you ever wanna open ya own hospital... please follow the way BNH did it. This was the hospital with the best interior and exterior design i have ever seen in my whole life. It is like a six star hotel and im not kidding... They even have this coffee making machine and not the cheapo vending machine which we have to slot in our own coins at the clinic in the hospital... Somehow Jy and I didnt bring cam and we didnt get to take any pictures. After i went to register, Jy, Pum and June were enjoying their Latte and hot chocolate they got from the machine. It was free... They also have like cuppachino, three different kind of latte, hot milk, hot chocolate..... the sofa at the clinic was so so nice,like white designer sofas and the wall papers were beautiful...

One thing about thailand.. Labour cost was so so low that places are overstaffed 98% of the time. I had 3 different nurses bringing me thru 3 different procedures when i was there. And there were like 6 other nurses who were doing nothing. The nurses appeared more like hotel staffs. AHah... this is definitely a place where the rich will come. Not long after, i am very sure, more people from Asia will start coming here. Even people from Singapore. The rich indonesian Tai tais and all will perhaps drop Mount Elizebeth and come here. Frankly, if i can afford it... i will really not mind paying to seek treatment at this hospital. Really really nice.... When you come in March kk... do come here to take a look... i know.... it sounds morbid to so such a thing but i really think you should come and see for yourself. ok. I will bring you. IF you wanna just go take a look.

Anyway, Excellent service... and yes... just for a flu.. it costs me 1718 bt... that is close to $80... Thank god im covered yb my travel insurance...

Im tired...

oh.. i brought two books today. I just found out that books are cheaper here than in Singapore. REally much cheaper. And im going to complete my collection of Paulo Coelho books this time. Veronika Decides to die is only selling at 295 bt.... That is like around $13... but i didnt get this cos i read it b4, i got "the Manual of the warriors" and Blink". The sales person at the shop told me that Blink is a very hot book after i told her that i was looking for like non fiction books about management. Apparently Blink is a book about thinking and how to think. I will finish them fast i think cos im only taking 3 courses this sem. I really feel a pinch though this cheaper compared to singapore. I set myself a a daily budget of 250 bt... so far, i have been exceeding this budget 90% of the time... and today, the books cost me 845bt... I need to spend less cos most of my money are locked up in the rental.

Sigh... i better go sleep now cos my nose is beginning to block again....

No comments: