Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy CNY to all

Hi Nette, Belle and Shiying...

Happy Chinese new year too...

Today is Da Nian Chu Yi... I went to the temple this morning to pray. Called mummy to "Bai nian".... i thought i was the last but i turned out to be the first. My sis and bro were still on the way home when i called.

I went shopping with my roommate after lunch near the temple. Nothing interesting... but we still enjoyed each other's company. I came back to my apartment to watch VCD and after that left to watch Memoirs of a Geisha with my thai friend. It was a really long movie.. Well... i will give it like 3 stars out of 5. Nothing exceptionally exciting or impressive about this movie... yet it isnt as bad as you think. I dunno what im talking about... Basically i suspect that reading the book may be more exciting.

Oh... i posted the sad poem below in my other personal blog on 20th dec b4 i came. Since this is like new year i decided to do a bit of reflection. Its amazing how i feel eventually that i am able to walk away and stop crying... I dunno... I just feel better... so much better. I can finally breathe... I will go find a poem which reflects how i feel now... And i will post it up soon.

Anyway... I have one interesting thing to add about watching movies in Thailand... That is b4 the show start, they will play the national anthem. Everyone has to stand till the song finishes... in the mean time the screen will show some national photos and photos of the king. Cool isnt it? I was kind of shock when everyone stood up. Then i stoned for a while cos not my king. I remembered how foreigners in school dun take the pledge last time... so i thought maybe i dun have to stand.. HAha.. then my thai friend asked me to... then yeah... i should... anyway... he is to be respected no matter what... yeah... so i stood up and watched the whole slideshow. Interesting yeah?

Anyway belle and shiying... if you have any leftover new year goodies which has yet to expire, please feel free to air mail over.. haha... I almost forgot that love letters were part of the team until nette mentioned it while i was chatting with her... haha... Make sure it is not mouldy hor...

Im tired... Gotta go sleep... see ya babes!!!

Shishi

No comments: