Monday, April 14, 2008

Moving forward

It is getting clearer and clearer to me that it is important for me to do things that interest me and can keep me going. I see the stark difference when i handle the different projects on hand; my motivation level is different, my satisfaction level is different, my efficiency is also a lot higher doing what i enjoy doing.

When i first graduated, i thought, 1.5 yrs from then, which is now, i would have a good idea of what i wanna do in life and in my career. However, at this point in time, im pretty taken aback that i do not have the slightest idea of what i would like to do eventually. I know my clock is ticking, I would lose out eventually if i take too long to decide on my career path.

Anyway, after my masters, I am looking at a 2-3 years relocation somewhere outside SG, hopefully outside china, preferably in US or Europe. I dun mind HK too actually. I think I have spent so much time out of SG that I am addicted to living and working in a different country. I still love SG no doubt and I always look forward to touching down at Changi AP.

I wanna explore and experience as much as I can before i settle down and have kids. Life is too short to just get complacent. The world out there is way too big for us to just stay in the red dot.

Okaes....

Food I miss most: Hokkien Hei Mee.

Book I wish I had spent I bit more time on: Goddess

Book I wish I had read a little faster and is constantly at the back of my mind: Athena

I cleared one series of DVD though. I made the right choice in bringing over the DVD player. I got a good TV here. Not putting it to waste.

When I return this May, I will embrace my new life with open arms. New challenges lie ahead, less travelling more learning, more time with friends and family. I am looking forward to that.

Well, before that, deliverables.. deliverables... Gotta make it happen.. somehow.

No comments: