Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another great weekend

My weekend started a bit later than most peeps cos i ended work late at around 9pm on friday night. I looked so worn out and I was exhausted no doubt, i took a cab home, had my dinner and plonked straight onto my bed.

I had about10 hours of sleep - something I was yearning since the beginning of last week. I woke up refreshed and went over to my aunt's place for a buffet lunch. Yesterday was my cousin's wedding day. I manage to have lunch, squeeze out 2 hours for SY, rush to do my hair (very simple styling), rush home and imagine, when I reached home, my ah gong and papa were already wearing their socks. I had to change, rush to do my basic make up within 10 min and then grab my mascara, eye shadow and earrings and hurry down to meet the men in my family cos they were all waiting for me.

I heard the best bridegroom speech in my life yesterday. I was impressed. Not that I had attended a lot of weddings but seriously, the way my cousin delivered the speech... he was witty, funny, to the point and he used very fluent mandarin for his short but touching and entertaining speech. Very Proud of him indeed. CONGRATULATIONS!!

And after the dinner, i was back home, again, I had to rush, change out and ran down to meet CY for a drink with his friends at Jalan Kayu and later on card games at his place all the way till..... 5 am. Yes. And I won. Haha.. My gambling luck hasnt been very good this year but surprisingly, I made it last night. Haha

Today was nice, simple and again, a happy sunday for me.

I certainly had a very wonderful weekend, which wouldnt have been possible without all of you. My absence from SG on weekends when I had to spend them in China made me value my weekends ALOT.

Not only do I have a lot of catching up to do with my friends, I have a lot of catching up to do with my life.

Woah, JS said I looked more haggard these days than I was a few months ago! I shall ensure that I clear my sleep debt to prove him wrong!

No comments: