Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It was a great Road trip

I had loads of fun. There wasnt much planning and we just went with whatever that came. It was an argument free trip. Other than the fact that i was squashed right there, hard and fast by the lift doors in malacca and the last hotel stay i was feeding mosquitoes in KL, the trip was really really fantabulous.

That hotel in KL wasnt any budget back packers' inn. CC forgot to close the window and tata... mosquitoes had a great feast. I actually love the hotel for they upgraded us from a deluxe to an Executive suite for FREE!! ANd boy i cant help but love the room. It was really worth the money. I thought they would continue to upgrade us but nope, after our return from genting, we finally stayed in a deluxe room.

I love Malacca. Im so going to go back again. Maybe for another 3 D 2 Night. Our 2D 1 Night was kind of rush for we left JB late that day. But I really enjoy walking on the streets there and immersing myself in that culture-rich city. The food, the nonya food especially was great. My favourite. It has to be the Chendol. No joke. I think I had my best chendol there.

I met a few familiar faces in Genting. Im embarrassed to say this but this was my first trip there. I was horrified to see how packed the first world hotel was. I mean who on earth needs to take a queue number to check in. Not to check in but to take a queue number. And that excludes the time i need to spend queuing to get that queue number. I got 0942. The number they were serving? 0558. I need to wait for the hotel to check in another 300 plus rooms before it was our turn. Except for the convenience and a half decent breakfast, and most importantly, the location, I wouldnt try staying in First world hotel anymore. I felt like I was in a dorm.

Anyways... Shopping was great in Genting. Mango at Genting was on clearance sale. I mean everything there was on sale. I suppose all the "to-go" stuff was most probably from KL or so. And they are really dirt cheap. I got two pairs of Mango Heels at 39RM Each. Yes. That was how cheap they were going for.

Casino was great too. When the beginners' luck was with me. Haha.. i started off with 40RM, and I won 400RM just by playing Jackpot. That was the only thing I played. CC's presence and his guidance made everything a lot more fun. I remember those days when I was in the casino in macau and had no idea how to play, it was so boring.

I never had a more fulfilling trip CC.

We travelled to so many places these year. Im glad we have at least this Malaysia road trip to end the year 2008. We may or may not have our next Xmas trip. But even without that, Im more than happy to have done this.

You did not just made my day. You made my Year 2008.

No comments: