Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nothing beats returning home

Im so tired! Emotionally and physically.

Usually I would leave for the airport to take domestic flight to beijing at around 8 plus to catch the 10am flight. Because of the meeting today, I took the 1:00pm flight. So, it was pretty intense for me to have my day start with a meeting, rushed to the airport, got delayed for about 20 min, and my check-in luggage took FOREVER to be loaded on the conveyor belt. By the time my luggage was picked up, it was already 245pm. My flight is at 4pm.

Beijing airport sucks big time. Imagine for international flight transfer, I have to get out of the domestic side, go and take a lift to level 2 with my full baggage. And there is only 1 lift at that side. And each lift can only fit max 3 trolleys. And THAT same lift is used for not just going up, it is also for the passengers going down, leaving the airport. I waited another 10 min for the lift. That was pretty ridiculous.

When I finally reached the check in counter, the guy kept asking me if my flight was confirmed to be today. And after checking for 5 min, (during which i lugged my 24kg luggage onto the conveyor belt for check in) he ran to his manager. GUESS WHAT? she told me that my flight wasnt changed to 17th. It was still on 16th. And the flight for today is full.

I almost died on the spot because I havent had lunch (that fish and rice in the aluminium foil from Air china domestic flight doesnt count) and I am very tired and irritated from all the waiting.

Right, so i asked for a solution because in my mind, I just wanna go home. I do not wanna be stranded in Beijing and the last thing i would ever want, is to be stranded in BEIJING AIRPORT.

So, she says i have to wait until the check in counter closed and then she will see if there are additional seats. I was lucky. I called my colleague to check if the negligence is at the airline's end or the travel agent because if it was the airline, im going to fight all the way, even if they only have seats in first class to make sure that I get back to SG. Well, in the end i didnt have to resort to that cos there was an extra seat, not only that, my favourite aisle seat in the centre portion. But that was not all lor, cos she said counter has closed, I had to bring my luggage to the OVERSIZE BAGGAGE CHECKIN. I had to lugg that big luggage again!

Tired. Hungry. Grouchy shi.

Thank god the food was good on the plane and the movies were fabulous too. HAha.. I watched 1.5 ang mo movies, and 2 hongkong movies. Except for the last hongkong movie, the rest of the movies were really good. I lauged and teared on the plane. A little embarrassing haha.

I have been feeling giddy the whole day. Even now. I was car sick on my way from airport to the office. Still car sick from office to airport. And when I reached changi, I think the heat sort of made me felt giddy again. And my luggage again, took much longer than usual to appear.

This trip hasnt been really that smooth. Anyhow, I came back in one piece. I need rest. Im very happy to be on leave tom! yay!

No comments: