Oh.. I miss home. So badly. Especially when i was lying in the hospital bed in Pokhara.
I miss the food real bad too, especially when my system doesnt recognise Momos as something edible.
I miss the air...
I miss the fact that I dun have to think twice drinking the water in my cup and eating the food i am served.
BUT
I had a wonderful time in nepal. This is the most awesome trip of my life. Interacted with so many people. Had so much fun! See shooting stars of my life, sunset while enjoying my nepali food, sunrise in my room by just pushing aside the curtains on my bed, with the rest of the hills and mountains as backdrop. Met the most amazing people doing the most amazing things. Trekked down a hill in a way I never knew I could do. Stayed in a scary hospital. Visited really nice temples with great stupors. Saw the cremation temple of the hindus which was pretty chilly cos we saw the whole process too. Ate like there was no tomorrow. Screamed like the world didnt know i existed the first time I had to cross that shaky bridge. Played with the cutest napali kids whom im thinking of adopting home. Stayed 2 weeks in the village classrooms, in my sleeping bag, jacket, had blanket, woollen socks and heatpacks around. Brushing teeth and washing face with icy cold water, trembling every morning and night. Going to an old school toilet and I got so used to it having diarroah in the dark seemed ok. It was so cold you see mist when you pee at night. We spoke with lots of mist too... It was so cold that the warmth from the people around made things feel so much better. Interacted with so many people and got to really know them after 3 weeks. REally glad to have some of the guys around otherwise I wouldnt have survived in Nepal. Always taking care of me when I need help. Always providing me support or just holding my hand to help me conquer my great fear of heights. Especially when Im walking on a narrow path, or trekking down the very steep slopes with loose rocks.
The guys and the girls, I will never forget. The best and the worst of my life happened in these 3 weeks. Im glad im alive and kicking here. Back in my room. Back to my acer.
Give me some time to update you guys. I would have a lot to say everyday and I would have blogged if I could. But I wrote most of my thoughts in my journal. And Im rreally happy share my journal with you all cos I have like testimonials from almost everyone from the trip in the journal too. That was one activity that really made a difference.
NAMASTE!!!! ( Similar to Sawadee ka but Nepali style)
No comments:
Post a Comment