This is my first serious interview with a possible internship and job prospect at stake. Im not sure how i fared cos I have no idea who i am competing with and if I can actually meet the boss tom.
I had a pretty nice "chat" with the HR manager for about 45 min. She asked me a lot of questions on what i did in Thailand, in my part time work and also things like my career objectives. She looked happy. So was I. I did all i could, spoke as calmly as possible and tried to answer her questions too. My exchange in bkk did help to make my interview interesting i guess since i have more things to talk about.
If there is one thing which i am really not competent in, that will be my finance knowledge. Im so far behind. There is so much more that i need to know right now. I dun wanna be put at a disadvantage for something which i have the ability to do and learn but am only really doing so later. And no choice now. In the event that i get called up tom, I have to be in my best possible form.
He is the one who is looking for people with this certain kind of personality. I have to bring out my personality in the next interview. The greatest challenge in this whole string of events and dilemmas is not so much of the events themselves, it was challenging because i have yet to find out what i really want and i want to be able to account to myself at the end of the day.
Greatest enemy: Myself
Positive thinking. Top form. This is all that i can do.
Im really grateful to the HR manager of the Guangzhou company for being so understanding and willing to extend the deadline for me to decide whether or not im going over.
And All those who have been there to offer advice, listen to me whine and complain or just to give me some encouragement. THANK YOU.
Special thanks to Chee Sin
AHha.. he has been my source of help whenever i have problems with my finance homework and whenever i have problems with theories i dun understand. Each and everytime he is so patient and so willing to help. THANK YOU.
Oh, i forgot to tell you guys about my Guangzhou interview. I was called at 930pm on tuesday night and i was out. Ms Law called me at around 1045pm and that was when the interview took place. The interview was conducted in English and only towards the end then we started conversing in chinese. She sounded really nice and well.. i just realised she IS nice.
Things she wanted me to take note:
I will be staying at the plant's dormitory and i would most likely have a chinese roommate. I wasnt sure if she meant the nationality or the race. Cos if i remember correctly, there is another SMU person going with me unless of course, that is a guy. AHah.. then no choice. She highlighted that the accomodation isnt really that nice or at least not as nice as the ones at home. However, that is not really an issue to me cos anyway its only 2 months.
I would not be given defined jobscope until later on, when i have to help out in the recruitment fairs and other HR stuff.
If i were to eventually decide to go over, it would really be for the experience and my resume.
But that would most probably mean i have to give up my summer course and then do a 5.5 on my last sem.
SIGH... There is only one perfect situation that i can pray for and really wish for. That is to get the internship for company M. And everything will just fall in place.
To-do-list for today:
- Pack my room and my table
- Have a proper lunch
- Mug Mug Mug
- Read BT and FT
- Maybe need to call up my seniors....
No comments:
Post a Comment