Its not so much of whether i should cry or fret now that the days here are numbered and that i will be returning home soon. The intial thrill, excitement and even purpose of applying to this exchange still very much stands at this point of time. I enjoyed the whole process of being here, trying to know this place, the people around, the culture and the most valuable experience is the roller coaster that I have gone thru, is still going thru and will be going thru emotionally, spiritually and physically. However, i do not dread going home at all. I miss my family, friends and of course, FOOD. But i am ready to go back and somewhere deep inside, i actually look forward to going home because I feel renewed, recharged and basically, revitalised in every aspect of me to go back and face all the responsibilities, stress and commitment which i thought was a little too much to handle back then. This sort of "runaway" i got now is not really a time-out from things such that i dun even look back and just get them off my mind. I manage to get a lot of things off my mind and whenever i am ready, i review them. When im stucked, i sought spiritual help, knowledge and motivation from books, friends and sometimes in just believing and accepting things for the way they are.
I guess i have now reached an equilibrium point of my exchange, the initial adrenalin surge for all the excitement and fun have now been levelled off to an optimum value. However, im not really going to let this level escalate just because im about to head home. I guess what i wanted right from the beginning is to continue to bring this level of wellness in me with me when i return.
AHah... ENough of my ramblings... SOmething FUn:
Next week, from 13th april to 17th april will be the most happening festival in Thailand... Songkran Festival... This is also officially the Thai New year and the celebration involves lots of water splashing. My trip to Chiang mai has been called off for we realised it is it is just too expensive and tedious to spend 30hours travelling on the train and since it is the festival where everyone is going up north of thailand to celebrate, accomodation and everything else would be pricey too. Meanie... A very kind meanie... Has accepted us to join him in Kanchanaburi for this thai new year. I really look forward to travelling around Kanchanaburi with him since he is real familiar with the place and what can be more exciting than to actually join in a thai family to see how they celebrate their thai new year. AHah.. And this would be a cheaper way to celebrate and that means i will have more budget for shopping.. AHha..
BUT... on the 12th, i will have to battle thru my final exams for Fund Risk management.
If you guys are thinking that i must have already bought half of bangkok, that is so not true. I have been living on a budget and just to give you guys some idea of my finance here.. HAah... Basically Jan's accounting is pretty messy... but i guess i didnt spend more than $800 including rental and some thing mummy paid for them, like you know, the intial start up cost. And in Feb, i spent about $800. March is the killer month. I tailored my suits, extended my visa, developed photos and had birthday celebrations, that was close to $1.2k. My allowance from my mum is $750 for everything each month. Everything else is mine. But of course, there were many sponsors( aunties, brother, mummy, papa) who gave me ang paos and that really came in handy. My rental come up to about $430 a month, as you can see, i dun have much left for everything else. However, im really glad that things are rather inexpensive here and so i can really lead a comfortable life with that $300++ sing i have and its ok to be overbudget and i still enjoy great food, travel and even movies and minimal shopping. Chris, haah.. this para is not written to spite you and ya expenses in Denmark. AHah... and I was talking to chris and she was saying how she will splurge when she gets home cos everything is going to be much cheaper for her back home than where she is now, and for me, I would have a hard time since going back home means everything from thai baht TIMES 24.... AHha... maybe we cannot hang out anymore chris...
No comments:
Post a Comment