Im munching potato chips now. My last paper is over. I'm getting stressed up. Not with my exam but with my summer in singapore. I need an internship. Although im majoring in marketing and finance, i wanna only do a finance internship. Im in a dilemma now. Should I just settle for any company and just do whatever internship they offer just so that i can graduate this dec or should i really fight and wait for a good company that can let me have a feel of the financial industry. i wanna wait for a good company because the internship might lead to a job opportunity. And that is another issue i need to grapple with very soon. AGGHH!!!!
I just contacted cousin S for help. I know its kind of difficult for her too at this point of time and she said she will get the other sisters to help. Im really grateful for that. I went through a lot of emotional roller coaster cos im really not into asking for favours. However, i also begin to realise that in this world, especially the finance industry, unless you are a first class honours, contacts is all you have to get you there. I tried and hesistated for a long time cos i would really rather get it on my own. But yeah.. Im just going to get some divine help at this point of time and pray hard.
I need to work on 2 very important things right now. One.. my resume. I need to redo a resume cos the current one.. really cannot make it le. I realised that i have lost a lot of the tips that the instructor gave me on my resume one year ago. And yes, now that i begin to look at other people's resume, I really need to do something about mine. And its time i do a really good one cos i need to apply for jobs soon too. i will go to my career counsellor for resume critique when i get back home.
Two... my networking skills are still pretty bad. I realise that i need to really improve on this aspect. Sigh... To be fake and yet look real...I guess i need to fundamentally change my thinking here. I used to be much worst but now i feel that i have already become more outspoken to strangers or aquantainces. ANd why did i lost the name card of the thai investment banker who came to raoul to buy clothes a few months ago. He said i could just drop him an email for internship when im here.. and i really regretted losing that card. So much so for my networking...
OK... this is my ideal summer plan:
8th may: Home sweet home
9th may: start internship
24th July: Start my summer term
19th August: Start my Last sem
Dec: File for graduation
Jan 07: New job
July 07: Commencement.. To be in my graduation robe...
IS THAT A LOT TO ASK FOR?
No comments:
Post a Comment