Day 1 :
Not quite sure wat kind of crisis this is that I am going through. Being at the mid twenties stage, I think I am feeling somewhat lost.
I want to do things differently this time. Not sure if walking straight into starbucks instead of the usual kenny Rogers, Thai restaurant or Korean restaurant after landing in Beijing can be a good symbolic start.
I used to keep scones from starbucks as breakfast for next day but since they are the best scones (very moist, right texture, great taste) and I am somewhat sick and no longer look forward to lunch at the 3 restaurants mentioned earlier, I settled for this honey raisin scone to go with ice mocha ( decaf no doubt).
Back to my crisis, I'm not sure why things aren't moving in the way I expected months ago, or are things even moving at all? Am I too impatient or is it just a case of me not knowing what I want?
I revisited the fundamental motivation in wanting this change. And now I realise I am facing a very cliche issue and well, I do not have an answer. Money vs career.
What is a career if the money is not good? Hmm... What Is money if I'm not fulfilled emotionally or that I am not happy?
( P.R just called my china mobile and we had a good 30 min chat on the above topics) haha I'm glad he is always patient to listen to me ramble.
Need to reply by friday, I need to chat with cc first. Yay, 4 hours away from seeing him!!
Finishing my scone, should I get 1 more for breakfast Tom?
Time to check in for my domestic flight.
Signing off
Beijing airport starbucks,
20 April 2010
425pm
Day 7:
I am totally drained but looking at the gigantic rigs... Wow... Everything was worth it. We all came a long way! I am excited about delivery.
27 Apr 2010
Day 10 - today
"Wedding dress" - a Korean movie I caught on flight today that made me cried so hard. Guess who freaked out upon seeing me in tears sobbing away? Haha poor cc. I think 1/8 of the cushion I was hugging was soaked. Highly recommeded show. Will see if I can buy it anywhere. It is a good movie, meaningful, simple but each and every gist of the emotions were extremely well delivered. I was just very touched.
1 May 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment