I have been eating this delicious peanut pancake, aka, "MIN JIANG KUEH" almost everyday. I just love the peanut and the texture of the kueh. It gives me a very "homely" feeling and i really enjoy chewing it after a meal. ITs like a desert item.
I think i have got to monitor my weight. At the rate that im indulging in all these singaporean cuisines... all these cheap and readily available food... Im so gonna grow fat.
Cravings... endless cravings...
ALrighty,
Today, Im thinking of getting myself a guide to interview tips. I have had interviews with 4 companies since i came back and well... it was 1 phone and 3 face to face. Out of the 3, only 1 was really professionally conducted. My last face to face interview was ridiculous cos we were interrupted halfway by a phonecall and after the phone call, the interviewer did not bother to even check where we have stopped and he just told me he will call me again. He wasnt professional about it at all. And well, he is the finance + HR person of the company. How can anyone be in charge of two such positions. He obviously did not look at my resume at all cos he was reading it as the interview went on. And he out of the 3 questions he asked me, 2 was about why i chose finance and marketing as my majors. I mean 2 questions of the same kind. Well, i met about 3 other SMU friends at the interview. We were all discussing about what he asked and said after the interview and well, imagine this, he introduced himself to me, told me his name and position and explained the jobscope, the next 2 candidates didnt know his name at all cos he must have thought that he has already introduced himself but that was only to me cos i was the first candidate. He told them things which he didnt tell me and basically... all three of us got different information. BLur sotong!!
Phone interview was nice.. i guess cos the lady, my fav guangzhou lady is a really nice HR manager. Too bad, its over. A lost opportunity.
The other 2 interview. The bank one is really very professionally done. Im going to complile some of the questions she ask and then prepare them for my next interview. This is my first interview for a finance position. WEll, i didnt get the internship but the experience stays with me.
The interview with the hotel... Hmm... its obvious how much these company value their people from the way interviews are conducted. I feel like im going for a cheap labour job interview than a internship interview.
Im really looking forward to taking my summer courses under SK. I wanna do my corporate finance and services marketing. So i will be left with 3.5 in my last sem. And i can take on one more additional course. If possible, i would want to take one more finance elective(most probaby equity) instead of spanish or french. I realise doing a double major reduces my expertise in either major simply because im clearing less courses in each major when i do a double.
I took fixed income, did some on options and derivatives in bangkok and will be taking corp finance and corp reporting. So i guess i would need equity to make my finance major more complete. I was told by my seniors to do portfolio management too. But sigh... I cant possibly do so many courses.
I think i have blabbered enough about my thoughts for the day.
TIme to get my ass moving to have some real work done.
No comments:
Post a Comment